2.03.2009

If I only had TiVo...

For some reason, the only reason I look forward to the week is for the shows: The Bachelor, American Idol, Criminal Minds, LOST, and The Office. If only I had Tivo it would make getting sleep a lot easier during the week and it would make the weekend TV watching much more enjoyable. I would always have something to watch. I try to relax on the weekends so that I am well rested for the next week, but I can't ever seem to relax...and TiVo might just provide that for me. (You would think as a therapist I would know how to relax, but I guess I am just so used to always being on the go that I can't slow down. I'm working on it though.)

Cooking is becoming more of a way for me to relax. It used to stress me out (and it still can) but I am trying to learn to enjoy it instead of being perfectionistic about it. I have enjoyed trying new recipes this week: Buffalo Chicken Casserole from Taylor and homemade chicken salad. They were fairly easy but very delicious! If anyone has some really delicious recipes that are maybe even super easy I would love to know them. I am trying to expand my weekly menu so that Justin and I have some variation. Justin works most of the time on law school stuff reading and reading, until he can't read anymore and so I like to have healthy, hearty meals for him to keep him going. Please pray for him if you think about it because he goes nights in a row without sleeping and it's not good. I tell him he will eventually crash and burn...but he just fixes his Dunkin Donuts coffee and keeps going. Poor guy...at least one day it will pay off. So, back to the recipes, please send me links to your favorite recipes.

Off to watch American Idol...

2 comments:

A Bryan Photo said...

Martha Cary!
Thanks for the blog props!
Its great to read up on your family, hope you are well.
Bj

ThomasandMindy said...

Hey Martha Cary, it's Thomas. i haven't talked to Justin in what seems like forever. Will you tell him to email me at thomasandmindy@gmail.com or call me at 434.609.2050? I hope you are both doing great!