5.22.2009

Convicted...

Thank you to those of you who have been praying. Michael Ledford was found guilty, convicted, and given the death penalty. This is a huge answer to prayer! Justice was served on earth and i know that God will be the final Judge in this matter. Please continue to lift up the Ewing Family as they continue to heal and try to gain some sense of peace during this time. They are a strong Christian family and hopefully this will just bring them closer together. To see more information on the trial you can go to this link. It's pretty gruesome so you may not want to read it...but if you are interested, here is the link.

This has really taught me to be much more aware of my surroundings and has also motivated me to take a self-defense class. I know that on my own physical strength I would not be able to do much, but I would like to have more confidence that I would somewhat know what to do if I was ever attacked. Please be very cautious of your surroundings and don't go to unlit, less populated or dangerous settings by yourself. You just never know who may be around the corner. And as a therapist, I know first hand that there are a lot of really "unstable" people out there. Sorry to be so negative and such a downer, but it's what seems to be on my mind a lot lately.

i guess i am blogging more than i have in the past 3 months (which is a good thing)...and I know it's not on the most pleasant topic...but I just wanted to ask for continued prayers for the Ewing family and to please take extra-precaution when going running, biking, walking, etc. It may seem safe...but it can never hurt to be too cautious.

Hope everyone has a pleasant and restful Memorial Day weekend! All of our plans are centered around food. Justin's parents and sister are coming in town and we plan to go to take them to Taqueria del Sol, The Melting Pot, the Country Club for brunch, and finally end the weekend with Flip Burger Boutique. I will probably gain 10lbs after all of that, but it will be worth it! I will try to take pictures throughout the weekend and post them. I've realized lately that i don't take enough pictures, which means that all of my picture frames are filled with old pictures from years ago. It's about time to update a few of those!

No comments: