11.05.2010

3 weeks old!

(The picture above was taken when Reese was "watching" football with her dad and "frustrated" at the way the team was playing!)


Reese turned 3 weeks old yesterday! I am so proud of my little girl who is growing so fast. Did I mention yet that we went back to the pediatrician on November 1st (Monday) and she had gained all of her birth weight back and more?! She weighed 7lbs. 13 oz.! She is starting to get chubby cheeks and chubby thighs...and I LOVE it!! She is also outgrowing her newborn size clothes. I can't believe that the clothes that used to fall off of her are now getting to be too tight. However, the problem is that she also doesn't really fit into her "0-3 months" clothes. Why is it that those clothes are better suited for 3 month olds and there is no in between?

I can finally say that I am loving being a mom. I say that because last week at this time, I don't know if those words could sincerely come out of my mouth. Seriously. I had NO idea how many changes would happen to me all at once and in the midst of that I was also trying to recover from a c-section. If you know me at all, you know that I am a very organized and "plan-ahead" type of person. I was NOT prepared for motherhood...even though I thought I was. I had no idea how little sleep I would get or how often I would have to feed. Feedings were easily taking one hour each and I was feeding every three hours. That meant that I only had 2 hours to rest, sleep, clean, or breathe, in between feedings. I also don't do well on little sleep, so I was extremely sleep-deprived and trying to balance life as a new mom. I think I am finally seeing a light at the end of this crazy tunnel. Why is it that no one prepares you for how hard the first 3-6 weeks are? I guess even if you had told me that they would be hard, I would have thought that I had it figured out and it would be different for me. Now I know.

So, needless to say, things have been a little crazy around here. But I think things are getting better. :) Reese is finally starting to get on a schedule of sleeping and eating. I'm starting to get my feet back under me and beginning to get a rhythm to this whole thing. Any other advice that moms may want to give me along the way is greatly appreciated!

Happy 3 weeks to my precious baby girl!

No comments: