11.15.2010

4 weeks old!

Yesterday, Reese was exactly one month old! I can't believe how time flies! Before I know it, we'll be celebrating her first birthday!
She is still growing so fast! I LOVE every minute of it! She is a lot more alert during her awake times and she is starting to be interested in more things. She is finally on a good schedule where she goes to sleep around 11 and wakes up around 6! I have the best baby ever! I know everyone says that you don't want them to grow too fast, but I can't wait for the next stages when she will start smiling and laughing in response to things. It's so fun to watch her grow!

Since Reese is now at the 4 week mark, we are finally allowed to take her outside. I have been so excited to take her on a walk (mostly to help with my own sanity...I've had just a little bit of cabin fever!) and have not been able to until she turned 4 weeks old. So, this past Thursday I got her all ready for her stroller, put her in it and took her out. She cried the entire time! I was so sad. I wanted her to like her walks as much as I do...maybe it will come with time. I do have a Baby Bjorn and I'm trying to get her more used to that. Hopefully, she will like going on walks in that instead of her stroller, especially since it's getting colder outside. We still aren't taking Reese out in public (restaurants, malls, etc) until she is 6 weeks old. So that will be our next big milestone to reach. That will give me a lot more freedom once I can get out and take her with me...but I think it's going to be a lot harder than I can even imagine. I might just prefer staying home! :)

Another thing that has been new (and a learning experience for me) is dealing with her fingernails. I am so scared I'm going to hurt her when I try to cut/tear/file her nails...so I don't do it very often. However, she ends up scratching herself because her nails get too long. So, finally we tried to file them...
Can you believe how little her hands are?! I had to do it while she was asleep...otherwise she just moves around too much.
I also wanted to post a few of my maternity pictures. I had a maternity photo session done. The day that we went to have the pictures taken I really didn't want to go. I didn't know what to wear and I really didn't think that I would want to remember the way I looked at 37 weeks pregnant. But off we went (plus, it was only $25 more to do the maternity pictures since we were already going to get newborn baby pictures with the same photographer...so I figured, why not). After the fact, I am SO glad that we had maternity pictures taken. Our photographer was excellent and it's something I can remember for years to come. I would definitely recommend it!

This letter "R" is in her room and I love that we were able to incorporate it into the pictures.
My sweet husband!
Happy Monday!

No comments: